If you’re feeling stressed or nervous during these days of COVID-19, you’re not alone. Uncertainty and the sense of not being safe — not to mention physical distancing, round-the-clock news and empty grocery shelves — are stressful. What you’re feeling is common around the world. It's OK not to be OK.
Mental Health Awareness Month during May is a great time to reduce stigma by starting conversations and increasing understanding about mental illness with the Make It OK campaign and resources.
Iowa's Healthiest State Initiative has a comprehensive list of mental health resources:
- Your Life Iowa
- CDC - coping with fear, anxiety, and stress
- Mental Health America
- Iowa Department of Human Services
- Mental Health Checklist
- Every Iowan is eligible for FREE, confidential counseling, group activities, support groups and resources
- List of COVID Recovery Iowa Services
- Iowa Warm Line: 844.775.9276
The Chamber's Health & Wellness page also will have up-to-date information and tips for balancing your mental health during this pandemic.